How to increase website ranking is probably one of the most common questions in the online marketing arena. Most people who start in internet marketing believe that creating a website is the main step of becoming a successful marketer. Unfortunately, that is very far from the truth. While creating a website is certainly a very important step, the most important part to becoming a successful as an online entrepreneur is to get people to look at your site, to get a targeted audience, who is interested in what you have to offer to visit your website, and therefore increasing your website ranking.
Once your website is set up you should have a plan or an idea on how to drive traffic to your site. Lacking a strategy is certainly asking for failure. You need to have a plan and here are a few step that you need to consider if you want to increase website ranking.
• Choose the right market. If you want your website to get high website ranking you need to get into the appropriate market. For example if you get into the "Wings of a Fly" market and you write about weight loss, you may not get near as many visitor as if you were in the "Weight loss" market.
• Get your on-page factors right. If you want search engines like Google to recognize that your website is pertinent to a certain topic, you need to make sure that your keyword or key phrase is well optimize. For example, if your website is about balloons, your URL, the title, the description, and the header, ALL need to have the word "balloons" in it.
• Work on off-page factors. There are a number of off-page factors, but in reality you can only help one of them, and that is the back links to your site. Back links to your site are references to your site from other places in the internet. For example, let say that you wrote something about Red Balloons and Mary found your article because she was looking for Red Balloons. Since she was so impressed with your content, she decided to bookmark it using Twitter. So now your site has one backlink. The more backlinks you get, the higher you website ranking will be, and the quicker you will increase your website traffic.
• Make your content relevant. Following the balloon example. If you are telling Google that you site is about balloons by configuring your on-page factors correctly, and you write or post about computer software, the likelihood of you getting a high rank on that page is slim. Write about something that is going to be relevant to your audience.
• Add new, fresh content daily or at least 3 times per week. There is nothing wrong than stale content. If your site has not been updated in 3 years, yet your competitors' sites get updated daily, chances are they will be getting the traffic, not you. They are the one who will get high website ranking, not you. Google LOVES fresh, new, original content.
There are two ways to get traffic to your site, one is free, and one is paid. Getting free traffic may take you some time and work, but it sure beats spending hundreds or thousands of dollars for something that once you run out of cash, it will run out too. Organic (free) traffic is the best way to increase your website ranking because once you get ranked high in Google, with very little maintenance you will stay there and drive tons of traffic wherever you are broke or whether you're filthy rich and too busy in Bora-Bora drinking Piña Coladas.
Source by Cyn Ajoy